ISIS claims responsibility for Ariana Grande concert bombing as second suspect arrested

SHARING IS CARING!
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest0Share on Reddit0

British law enforcement arrested a23-year-old man on Tuesday morning in connection with the attack at an Ariana Grandes concert in Manchester, England, on Monday night, only hours after confirming that the blast was a suicide bombing.

At least 22 people are now substantiated dead and 59 injured, many of them children and adolescents. Police had been aiming to establish whether the perpetrator had acted alone or as part of a network.

The attacker, I can confirm, died at the arena ,” Greater Manchester police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said in a statement issued early Tuesday.” We belief the attacker was carrying an improvised explosive machine, which he exploded, inducing this atrocity.

According to SITE Intelligence Group, a U.S.-based private intelligence group that monitors foreign communication channels, the Islamic State is claiming responsibility for the attack.

The horrific blast ripped through the vestibule of the Manchester Arena venue at around 10:35 pm local time, to devastating effect, as concert attendees prepared to filter out of the facility. Those within the concert hall described how, startled by the muffled blowup, confusion dedicated way to panic as thousands fled the arena.

As emergency service crews and ambulances attended to the scene, medics described how many of the meanders were consistent with shrapnel traumata. One witness, speaking to the Guardian , described how nuts and bolts were scattered across the vestibule floornow supposed to have been released by the homemade device.

” We extended and people were screaming around the americans and pushing on the stairs to go outside and people were falling down, girlfriends were screaming, and we read these women being treated by paramedics having open meanders on their legs … it was just chaos ,” Sebastian Diaz, a 19 -year-old attendee, told Reuters.

In the hours following, many desperate and distressed parents and siblings have taken to social media to try and find their family members. In an attempt to connect households with missing loved ones, police set up situations of emergency phone line.

Facebook activated the safety and security check aspect, and on Twitter the hashtag #MissingInManchester was created.

As the details of the incident rose, officials have asked that social media users refrain from posting graphic imagery of victims from the scene.

In all, the overnight procedure involved over 400 police officers and sixty ambulances, taking victims to six hospitals across the city. A fast-moving investigation is now currently being carried out, involving counter-terrorism divisions and British intelligence, MI5.

The terrorist attack inspired a morning meeting of Britains Cobra government emergency committee, is presided over by Prime Minster Theresa May, who condemned the attack as” shocking, nauseating cowardice” against defenseless children.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd also spoke out against the” barbaric attempt, intentionally targeting some of vulnerable groups .”

The suicide bombing sees only weeks ahead of the British upcoming general elections, but political parties have postponed their campaigning.

Amidst the desolation, stories are rising of how their fellow citizens of Manchester have rallied together. One report emergedtelling how a middle-aged woman named Paula Robinson, waiting on a develop at the terminal next to the venue, led over 50 fleeing and panic-stricken adolescents to the safety of a local hotel where they now await their parents.

Other businesses and barrooms in the vicinity offered their facilities as refuge for followers to stay as the police procedure unfolded. The National Health Service Blood and Transplant Service has also reported an overwhelming response by the public, eager to contribute, while local cafe and eateries have also offered free food and hot boozes to help emergency services maintain strength.

Police have not disclosed any additional details about the suspect arrested.

UPDATE 8: 27 am CT, May 23 : The two suicide bombers has been identified as 22 -year-old Salman Abedi, CBS reports. He was allegedly known to British powers prior to the attack.

Clarification : The woman who accompanied fleeing adolescents may have identified the wrong hotel in her Facebook post about the accident. We have removed the name of the hotel she quoth after the company refuted that detail. Further, police now say the suspected attempt is 22 years old .

Read more: http :// www.dailydot.com /~ ATAGEND